Friday, July 18, 2014

Introducing...Kids Talk Kid Lit


Well...Here it is!

I have been considering the possibility of writing a blog ever since I started Twitter a year ago.  Every time I entertained the thought, I had the same response...NO!!!!

Why??  Oh, there are so many reasons:

Mine could never be as good as his.

Hers is so much more inspiring than mine could ever be.

He knows so much more about these topics than I do.

Who would even want to read it?

What in the world would I write about?

and the biggie...

I don't like to write!

However, I know that the best way to overcome this is to jump in and make myself do it! So, I've thought and thought about doing something that could be enjoyable for me and maybe a little bit different.

Hmmm...What DO I like to do?  I like to talk with kids about books!

Maybe combining something that I like with something that I don't like would make it a little bit easier.  So, how about a blog in which I share the conversations that I have with kids about books? OR even better...I share the conversations that kids have with me about books!

Ta Da!!!!  Kids Talk Kid Lit

My new blog will feature what kids have to say about the books they are reading and the authors and illustrators that they love. It will include various discussions, book reviews and author/illustrator interviews...all through the lens of my students. I WILL, also, interject some of my thoughts and opinions along the way. (Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't keep my thoughts and opinions to myself!)

Needless to say, it will be a while before I have students, so we won't be up and running until fall.  Until then I may (or may not) decide to write an entry on my own...we'll see!

I'm very excited about this new adventure, and even more excited that my students will be sharing it with me!

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic & creative idea, Kurt! I can't wait to read more. Your students are lucky to have you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be great! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I am looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete